Downtown Dental Associates Re-opens June 8, 2020
To our patients - We have missed you during the COVID-19 shutdown and hope that you have been well. We are now scheduling appointments and encourage you to please contact our office.
For the protection of patients and staff we have new appointment guidelines:
- If you are sick, do not come to the office. Please reschedule your appointment.
- If you have been diagnosed with COVID-19 or have come in contact with someone with COVID-19, please reschedule your appointment after a 14 day quarantine is complete.
- In order to maintain safety and social distancing during your appointment, please adhere to the following:
- Come to the appointment alone unless there are special circumstances such as the need for transportation or a personal care attendant.
- Wear a protective mask to the office.
- Please be on time to reduce the number of people in our reception area.
- Bring minimum personal belongings.
As always, we are following current Centers for Disease Control and Minnesota Board of Dentistry guidelines. Additional precautions will also be in place to further protect you and our staff.
We ask that you print, sign and bring the following forms to your next appointment:
Please contact our office if you have questions.
- Cleaning and polishing
- For patients with healthy gum tissue, we offer periodic teeth cleaning and polishing (generally every 6 months) to maintain a healthy mouth and to prevent gum disease.
- Including white composite fillings
- Applied to the chewing surfaces of the back teeth (molars and premolars) to help prevent cavities.
- When a tooth can no longer be filled with a conventional filling, or when a tooth is broken, cracked, discolored, or misaligned, a crown, or “cap” is placed over the tooth to protect it and restore it to normal shape and function.
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- A comprehensive approach to smile design incorporating crowns, veneers, and sometimes orthodontics
- Porcelain Veneers
- Porcelain facings bonded to the front teeth to improve shape, color, and/or size.
- Tooth whitening
- We offer both at-home whitening, which involves the use of custom trays and whitening products used for a period of time to achieve your desired results, and the in-office Sapphire whitening when time is of the essence.
- Athletic Mouth Guards
- Periodontal Treatment
- For patients who have been diagnosed with gum disease, we offer a variety of treatments. We also work closely with periodontists(gum disease specialists) when the need arises.
- Dental Implants
- We refer patients to a dental surgeon to place the titanium post, which we follow with restorative treatment, commonly crowns, bridges, or over dentures.
- Also a form of tooth replacement, crowns are placed on anchor teeth on either side of a space and attached to a false tooth- the whole unit is then permanently cemented to replace one or more missing teeth.
- Partial dentures and dentures
- Removable appliance to replace multiple teeth.
- Tooth removal
- Endontic Treatment Root Canals
- Cleaning of the tooth’s roots in order to remove infected nerve tissue usually caused by deep decay or by trauma to the tooth
- Occlusal Splints or Night Guards
- Used to protect teeth from harmful habits of clenching or grinding, or to help prevent or minimize the jaw pain that can be associated with each.
- Emergency Services
- Oral cancer screening